We’ve created a kit for “Friendly Local Game Stores” to show their support for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our hope is that retailers will either give away the included materials or use some of the materials (namely the buttons and enamel pins) for their own nonprofit fundraising efforts for a DEI organization in their community.
What’s in the Safe Space Kit?
- 3 Safe Space posters: Hang these in your store or establishment. This will provide a visible marker of your space as a safe space and increase visibility of DEI initiatives in the community. Retailers participating in this program are welcome to print additional posters using the source materials provided.
- 100 bi-fold brochures: Hand these out to interested customers. The brochures contain information on DEI, the safe space initiative, and provide links to additional resources. Retailers participating in this program are welcome to print additional brochures using the source materials provided.
- 50 Safe Space Buttons & 50 Safe Space Enamel Pins: These allow your patrons to show their support for creating a welcoming environment in your store. It is expected that retailers will either give these away to patrons or to donate the net proceeds from their sale to a local nonprofit organization.
What Does it Cost?
The kit costs $199 with the discount, provided that the retailer is willing to commit to either giving the materials away or donating the net proceeds to a local nonprofit organization that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. Approximately half of this cost pays for the kit itself and the other half furthers the mission of this program which is managed by Tabletop Gaymers. The kit contains 50 high-gloss buttons and 50 enamel pins. If used for fundraising purposes at the suggested price of $6 for each button and $20 for each enamel pin, the total net proceeds for a donation should be $1100 for a local nonprofit organization!
To receive the kit at this price, the retailer must agree to using the materials as intended and to donate any net proceeds to a nonprofit organization. To agree to these terms, the retailer must complete the “Get a Discount Code” form and will also be listed on this website as a participating store. The kit can also be purchased without this agreement for $699 with the additional funds going to the furtherance of the mission of this and other programs.
Pricing and discount do not include Shipping and Handling.
When a retailer obtains a Gaming Safe Space Retailer Kit using the discount code, they are expected to use the buttons and enamel pins for charity fundraising or to give away for free. This is to say, the materials may be 1) given away as diversity promotional items or 2) sold to raise funds for a DEI-oriented charity or nonprofit of the retailer’s choice.
How to get a Discount Code
- Complete the “Get your Discount Code” form and agree to use the enamel pins and buttons for fundraising.
- Check your email. Your discount code will be emailed to you shortly.
- Click on the link in the email or return to this site and click “Order a Retail Kit”.
- Enter your discount code on the payment page before submitting your order.
Note that the discounted price only appears on the final checkout page.
How to Order without a Discount Code
To order a Gaming Safe Space Retailer Kit without a discount code, simply click the “Order a Retail Kit” button. The difference between the regular and discounted cost will be used for the furtherance of this and other DEI programs managed by Tabletop Gaymers.
The design files used in the Gaming Safe Space program are available for organizations and individuals for the reproduction of materials for non-commercial or fundraising purposes. Any materials reproduced must be reproduced without modification and distributed in support of the Gaming Safe Space program. Any net profits from the sale of materials must be donated to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion.